Early Prenatal Info package:
I offer couples who are early on in their pregnancy, who are keen to explore their options about where to give birth an info session. During this visit I help you understand what it is you are hoping for and how to get started. Is home the right place to give birth? Which hospitals are open to a natural birth? What are your choices?
I offer advice on finding the right midwife and what to look out for. What you need to know about setting up a space in your home to give birth. And sometimes even finding the right words to share with family and friends about your choice of birth.
Pre Natal Doula package:
I offer honest advice and never judge. This is your experience, your birth and I am here to help you achieve a dream birth at home.
Once you have chosen to birth at home there are many questions that I am happy to answer.
I am here to help you and your partner become a confident team who are excited about their upcoming home birth.
I schedule our first 2 visits usually at around 34 weeks pregnant and then again at around 38 weeks. Don’t worry if you are past this date, it is never too late to book in!
I will come to your home and we discuss all things pregnancy and birth.
We talk about how your pregnancy has been for you, any issues, your thoughts about birth, fears and dreams, your partners role, your ideal birth and other possible birth outcomes.
I am available on the phone or via email 24/7 for questions and concerns
- I will then be in touch with your first contractions and meet you at your home once you are ready for me.
- I offer to walk, chat, dance, sit in silence or massage you. I can be very hands on or more in the background, depending on your needs.
- I go ‘on call’ for you 4 weeks in total, starting 2 weeks before your due date until 2 weeks overdue.
- I am more than happy to take photos either on your phone or on a camera. Please let me know if you would like me to bring my professional camera.
- I work with Essential Oils to balance out the mood which I bring along with me
- I make sure you stay focused and remind you to stay focused on your breath
- I help make sure your birth plan is followed and I will create a bubble around you and your partner so you feel safe and comfortable to have your baby.
- Once baby is born I will stay until you are confident with feeding and holding your baby.
- I will come back for a debrief session after your birth and can give advice on breastfeeding and settling your baby.
To learn more about my amazing postnatal support please see my postnatal package.